Sunday, April 3, 2011

And in other news...

Tomorrow marks the 43rd anniversary of the death of Dr. Martin Luther King.  Tonight marks the 43rd anniversary of his speech to support the unionized Memphis sanitation workers.  I'm thinking about this because Jesse Jackson has spent quite a bit of time in Milwaukee recently, even on a Sunday afternoon radio show today, in order to convince people to go out and vote on April 5th.  I continue to think of the debacle that Wisconsin is experiencing because of the elections from last November.  I'm still amazed because I think back to how so many people said "I'm not voting because neither one of the candidates represent my interests..."  Let me assure you, although I do not think of any one as perfect, no one can convince me that it made sense to stay at home that first Tuesday in November and allow an idiot to go to Madison.  Unfortunately for me and a lot of other people, certain dumbasses did not have the foresight to get out of the house, fill in a ballot, slip it in the poll box, and head to work.  I was so inspired when I voted for Obama, because the last time I stood in a long line to vote was while I lived in Minneapolis.  I'm always afraid when the lines at the polls do not exist, because that means that the people I want in office will not get in there, because those who live around me usually have the same circumstances as I do.  Those who have my same circumstances tend to vote similar to the way I vote.  When my fellow voters stay home, people like Scott Walker get in office.  Here we are, barely five months after that fateful day of voting, and union workers are getting the shaft, Wisconsin lost out on federal aid to build a high speed rail, and the idiot in the Governor's mansion reminds us daily that he doesn't give a shit about the people that voted for him, just the ones who gave lots and lots of money to his campaign (yeah, I know who you are and I won't be purchasing any of your products for a long time, fucktards).  Will I go out and vote on April 5th?  You can bet your bottom dollar I will.  Will I vote for Democrats?  Yessir!  Do I give a fuck who my friends vote for?  Nope, as long as they vote, they can write in Mickey Mouse for all I care.  Will I remain friends with people in Wisconsin who don't take the time to vote on April 5th? Probably not.  By not voting, it shows me that you don't care what happens to my state.  It also shows me that you don't learn from history...

Tonight's blog was supposed to be about people who could kiss my black ass, as I discussed with Amy on Tuesday night.  I didn't talk about some of those people (L. Ron Hubbard and his randy band of scientologists) but I did talk about people who can (specifically those who don't vote, and Scott Walker).  I'll put a picture up of my black ass for those who are ready to kiss it...

Y'all have a good week!!!

4 comments:

  1. ROTFL! Gon'e 'head wit yo' bad self! ^5!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you can appreciate me, Cousin! ^5

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a very nice ass Lisa. Don't worry.... I'll be out voting on Tues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this blog!! You made a few very good points and I'm sure you made some people think about some things!! Preach it Lisa!!

    ReplyDelete